It is currently April 29th, 2024, 10:41 am

Post subject: Import data for posts and users from TP into TM.
PostPosted: May 30th, 2015, 9:33 am 

Hello,

there are some forums TM has problems with, for example dirtywarez.com which I planned to use.

It is a good start to use the "search posts by user" functionality most forums have activated. But there are cases where this won't get you anywhere, there are even forums where you have to post before you can search.

There are ways around this, maybe you consider to help us with this.

1. Crawl the whole forum (very bad idea, agreed, forget it)
  2. Use "Subscriptions" - works only when those threads are subscribed but I guess most people do. It would give us a quite reliable list of threads where we have posted. This could then be crawled.
  3. Maybe it's a good idea to make the search page and also the search request sent customizable by the user as you already partly did with the login page in TP and TM.
  4. Import thread IDs from text file (very good, we even could get the html with curl and extract the IDs ourselves, then feed them to TM
  5. Best practice I can think of: get the post data from TP! It is all there in TP, post and thread IDs, just look at status mode. One double-click on any line already takes you where TM needs to get! That wouldn't be a solution for posts made by other means, but for people using both of your products it would be a big benefit.
  6. I'd usually would want most of the forums and users I have entered in TP also in TM. I'd like to be able to send that data (maybe selectively) from TP to TM. Having to enter it in two places isn't really necessary, is it?

Thanks for listening :-)

wurstmu

Post subject: Re: Import data for posts and users from TP into TM
PostPosted: September 21st, 2016, 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

3. All latest posts should be fetched fine already (for most types all posts are fetched fine when adding user as well).

4. There was a change a while back and now you can enter multiple topic IDs (as you already probably know that).

You can just copy paste them .txt file easily.

5. It was added in themaPoster older update to send topics (from "Topic's editor") to themaManager if really needed.

themaPoster 2.53
* Added new right click option for "FORUMS" -> "Send to themaManager".

themaManager 1.26
* Added ability to receive forums from themaPoster.